In Wembley utilities are managed wholly by the municipality, these include water and sewer as well as waste and recycling collection. These services are not funded through property taxes but instead are paid for by the users through a monthly billing system.
Setting up an account
Since water rates are based on consumption, it is important to set up your utility account as soon as possible to ensure water meter readings are processed prior to moving to a new residence. Meter readings cannot be backdated as there is no way to determine what the water usage would have been on a particular day.
When moving out, don’t forget to request a final meter reading. You are responsible for all charges until a final meter reading has been completed.
The billing period for utility bills runs from the first of the month to the first of the next month. Bills are processed within the first week of the month and payments may be made by cash, cheque, debit card, preauthorized payment or through telephone or online banking.
For additional information or if you have questions please contact the Town Office at 780-766- 2269.
Info for renters
The account remains in the owner’s name. Owners can request that a copy of the Utility invoice be sent to the tenant. In the event that the tenant does not pay the Utility Invoice the owner of the property is responsible for payment.
For utilities the Town of Wembley accepts payment in the following ways:
- Pre-Authorized payment - The Town of Wembley offers its residents a pre-authorized utility payment plan, which is an easy way to pay.
- Cash, Cheque or Debit Card at the Town Office – Office hours are Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. The Town Office is closed from 12 noon to 1:00 p.m. and closed on holidays.
- After office hours, you may drop your payment off in the drop-off box located at the main entrance door of the Town Office. To avoid penalties, payment must be received by 4:30 p.m. on the due date.
- Post-dated Cheques – may only be post-dated up to and including the due date. Please make cheques payable to: The Town of Wembley.
- Mail – must be received by the Town Office by 4:30 p.m. on the due date to avoid penalties.
- Internet Banking – available at most banks. Please note that when setting up your payment via internet banking, your customer id number/account number is your utility account number.
- Telephone Banking – available at most banks.