Council Minutes Jul 22
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF COUNCIL of the Town of Wembley, in the Province of Alberta held in the Wembley Municipal Office this 22 th day of July 2019.
Mayor Turnmire called the meeting to order at 7:01 p.m.
CAO Noreen Zhang
Administrative Assistant Andrea McBain
2. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
MOTION # 2019-0195
Moved by Councillor Guimond that the agenda be adopted as presented. CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
3. ADOPTION OF MINUTES
3.1 Minutes of the Regular meeting of Council held on June 24, 2019.
MOTION # 2019-0196
Moved by Councillor McCallum that the minutes of the Regular meeting of Council held
on June 24, 2019 be adopted as presented. CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
4. DELEGATIONS (moved to end of council meeting)
5.1 Accounts Payable.
MOTION # 2019-0197
Moved by Councillor Underwood that the accounts payable, as identified in Schedule
“A”, cheque # 20190592 to cheque # 20190702 totaling $651,244.49 be ratified. CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
5.2 Revenue and Expense Statement and Monthly Report for June 2019
MOTION # 2019-0198
Moved by Councillor Gunderson that Council accept the Revenue and Expense and
Monthly Statements for the month of June as presented. CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
6. PUBLIC HEARING (moved to the end of Council meeting)
7. BY-LAWS (moved to the end of the meeting)
8. CAO REPORT
8.1 2019 AUMA Convection.
- Convention is September 25-27, 2019
8.2 Fire Chief of the Year Award
MOTION # 2019-0199
Moved by Councillor McCallum to submit recommendation for Fire Chief Smith for the
Fire Chief of the Year. CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
8.3 Town Weed Inspection Service Agreement.
- Currently on annual basis
MOTION # 2019-0200
Moved by Councillor Guimond that Council approve the Town Weed Service Agreement. CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
8.4 Cooperative Intermunicipal Funding Agreement Family and Community Support
- Currently on annual basis
MOTION # 2019-0201
Moved by Councillor Guimond that the Council approve the Cooperative Intermunicipal
Funding Agreement Family and Community Support Services Agreement. CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
8.5 Water North Coalition
- Councillor Underwood will attend in lieu of Councillor McCallum
MOTION # 2019-0202
Moved by Councillor Underwood that the CAO Report be accepted as information. CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
9. OLD BUSINESS
MOTION # 2019-0203
Moved by Councillor Gunderson that the following reports be accepted as information: CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
10.1 South Peace Physicians Attraction and Retention Committee Meeting Minutes
10.2 Wembley Lagoon Upgrade Project Update Meeting Record
10.3 Wembley Fire Service Report for June
11.1 Tidewater Construction Newsletter
11.2 NW Regional Connector and Weekly Economic Briefing
11.3 Letter requesting an exemption to be made for a third dog
MOTION # 2019-0204
Moved by Councillor Underwood that Council approve the request for a third
dog CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
11.4 Wembley and District Agricultural Society request to close certain streets for the
MOTION # 2019-0205
Moved by Councillor McCallum that Council approve the closure of streets as requested,
on August 24, 2019. CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
11.5 Dinosaur Museum Events.
- Bonebed BBQ Fundraiser – August 2, 2019
- Devour & Dino – Dinner and movie – July 19, August 16, and September 20, 2019.
- Jet Boat Tours
- Summer Jams Fundraiser – August 24, 2019
11.6 Beaverlodge Farmers Market.
MOTION # 2019-0206
Moved by Councillor Gunderson that Council accept the Correspondence as
information. CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
12. NEW BUSINESS
12.1 WFD High Level Deployment Tracking
MOTION # 2019-0207
Moved by Councilor Underwood that Council Approve the payment of $4756.00 for
WFD High Level Deployment. CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
13. COUNCIL REPORTS
14. ROUND TABLE
- Expressed she was thrilled to see the community so engaged
- Welcomed Councillor Peterson to Council
- Attended Grande Prairie Tourism
- Met the lady in charge of the Grande Prairie Downtown Association - ideas to attract people to Downtown
- Welcomed Councillor Peterson
- Welcomed Councillor Peterson, fantastic to have him
- Welcomed Councillor Peterson and happy to see him on the board again
CAO Noreen Zhang
- Attended the OH&S Project Committee with Public Works Foreman
- Attended the Essentials for Operating Budget Training in Edmonton
- Received our final Provincial Government Alberta Transportation sent us our final payment in the amount of $1,754,915.00
- Update on Aquatera water
4.1 Ira Parsons – Ambient Air Testing
- Expressed his concerns about the air testing that has been done, feels we need another one done.
MOTION # 2019-0208
Moved by Councillor Underwood that Council have a recess at 7:31pm.
MOTION # 2019-0209
Moved by Councillor Gunderson that Council reconvene at 7:59pm.
PUBLIC HEARING (8:00-9:47)
(Councillor McCallum excused himself at 8:01)
6.1 Bylaw 603 (AG) – Truck and Rail Transloading Terminals Amendment
- 113 residents signed into the meeting
- Ray Zavery spoke in favor of Source Energy Services
- Dave McRae explained the proposed amendment to Bylaw 603(AG)
- 29 residents stated their strong concerns against Source Energy Services application to amend Land Use Bylaw 603
MOTION # 2019-2010
Moved by Councillor Underwood that Council close the Public Hearing CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
MOTION # 2019-2011
Moved by Councillor Gunderson that Council have a 5 minute recess at 9:49pm. CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
MOTION # 2019-2012
Moved by Councillor Gunderson that Council reconvene at 9:57pm.
(Mayor agreed to let one more resident speak)
7.1 Bylaw 603 (AG) – Truck and Rail Transloading Terminals Amendment.
MOTION # 2019-0213
Moved by Councillor Peterson to give Bylaw 603(AG) a second reading.
MOTION # 2019-0214
Moved by Councillor Underwood that the meeting be adjourned at 10:12p.m. CARRIED UNANIMOUSLY
MINUTES OF THE REGULAR MEETING OF COUNCIL
of the Town of Wembley, in the Province of Alberta
held in the Wembley Municipal Office
this 22 th day of July 2019.