CLOSED & FILLED
The Town of Wembley is seeking applications for a full time Finance Assistant. The Finance Assistant will be responsible for the Town’s accounting system.
Main duties include but are not limited to:
- Ensures that all accounting functions, payables, receivables and ledgers are processed accurately and on a timely basis
- Prepares and processes payroll
- Assist in preparing year end working papers in connection with the year-end audit
- Assist in preparing interim and annual operating budgets
- Assist in preparing applications for various grants and reports on government grants to various agencies
- Maintenance of the Town’s assets and general accounting duties.
- Relief work at the front counter, telephone and other related duties.
- Sending out benefit provider sign-up packages
- Sign on and termination of the employees’ benefits
- Answering inquiries and filling in of forms for benefit claims
- Updating and balancing the benefits billings
- WCB year-end reporting
- Performs other duties or projects as assigned
- Post-secondary diploma or certificate in Accounting, Finance and/or Payroll Administration from a recognized institution or equivalent related work experience in municipal government setting
- Completion of or working towards Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) from the Canadian Payroll Association is considered an asset
- Strong skills in various Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Teams Outlook, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent computer/calculator keyboarding accuracy and speed
- Highly organized with a strong ability to meet tight deadlines and multi-task
- Experience with MuniWare software would be an asset
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- A fundamental understanding of FOIP Legislation and the MGA
- Satisfactory Criminal Record Check
- Valid driver’s license
CLOSING DATE: OPEN UNTIL SUITABLE CANDIDATE IS SELECTED
Please forward your resume in confidence to:
Town of Wembley
Wembley, AB. T0H 3S0
Attention: Kiera Kraig, Finance Clerk
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those considered for an interview will be contacted.