Family and Community Support Services
- Is preventive in nature
- Enhances, strengthens and stabilizes family and community life
- Helps people develop interpersonal and group skills which enhance relationships
- Helps people to develop independence and strengthen coping skills
- Promotes volunteerism
- Encourages and facilitates co-operation and co-ordination
- Promotes, encourages and facilitates the development of stronger communities
- Promotes citizen participation
- Enables local decision making
FCSS sponsors and/or provides funding for community based programs, services and social initiatives with a focus on prevention that enhance the well-being of individuals, families and the community.
FCSS is funded through a joint venture between the Province of Alberta and the Town of Wembley
Limited funds are also available to community groups and organizations for projects within the FCSS mandate.
Please Note: FCSS does not provide direct financial assistance to sustain an individual or family i.e. provision of food clothing, shelter or financial aid. These are ineligible for FCSS funding. Information & Referral Service is available.
For further information please contact:
FCSS Director: Pam Decker
Tel: (780) 766-2269 or Fax: (780) 766-2868