For more information go to www.alberta.ca
Effective September 17, 2021- MASKS ARE NOW MANDATORY in all indoor and public places across Alberta.
The Town of Wembley along with the City and County of Grande Prairie are following provincial guidelines on the use of non-medical face masks. Non-medical masks are encouraged to be worn on a voluntary basis when physical distancing of 2 metres is unattainable. Businesses may request customers to wear a non-medical mask in their business, at their discretion.
WHY MASK UP?
Albertans are encouraged to wear non-medical masks in public when physical distancing of 2 metres is unattainable at all times.
Masks should complement – not replace – other prevention measures. Continue physical distancing and good hand hygiene, and stay home when sick.
|WHEN TO USE A MASK||WHEN NOT TO USE A MASK|
|When 2 metres distance from people is unattainable for a prolonged period of time such as:|
- public transit and airplanes
- grocery stores and pharmacies
- hair salons and barbershops
- some retail stores
- If it is soiled or damaged in any way
- If it does not fit well
- If it has been used by another person
- Any children under 2 years of age
- Anyone that has trouble breathing
- When you are only with people from your own household
HOW TO USE A MASK
|WHAT TO DO||WHAT NOT TO DO|
- Wash or sanitize your hands:
- before putting it on
- before taking it off
- after taking it off
- Inspect the mask, holding it by the ties or loops. Discard if damaged or soiled.
- Tighten with ties or ear loops to reduce gaps.
- Keep nose, mouth and chin covered at all times.
- Remove if wet, torn or soiled and dispose in a lined garbage bin.
- Store cloth masks in a sealed bag until it can be washed in hot, soapy water.
- Do not touch your face under the mask.
- Don not touch the front of the mask – remove or adjust using the ties or ear loops.
- Do not wear it under your nose or on your chin.
- Do not wear a wet, torn or soiled mask.
- Do not wear the same mask for a long period of time – change when it becomes damp.
- Do not share with another person.